Monday, November 14, 2016

Ms. Marvel - G. Willow Wilson


   
       For this weeks blog I read, amongst a lot of things, Ms. Marvel. I'm a huge superhero fan and so this immediately drew to me. I have been really curious about this character for awhile now. She is a new character that has been very popular recently. I found out a lot of things I didn't know for one I now know her powers and that she is an inhuman. Her origin story is very interesting and definitely resembles youth in this day. Reminded me of Spider-Man a little bit. Her powers are very interesting as well. She can be anybody she wants. She has the ability to transform her body into almost anything. It bring sup an interesting point. She is a Muslim teenage girl and she just wants to be like everyone else and now she can. she first starts out just mimicking the original Ms. Marvel, not until later does she expect who she is and become her own superhero. I think this story can really speak to teenage girls and even buys to truly expect who they are. It also highlights the idea that everyone is a hero in their own way. I also want to mention that the comics deal with her Muslim heritage in a respectful way that benefits the story. It may not be the way I would have gone with, but it works well in the story's context. Overall I went into this comic not knowing much, and came out enjoying what I read.

No comments:

Post a Comment