Friday, November 11, 2016

Summer Wars (2009)

   

     I did not care for any of the Manga comic selections I read. I think it is just honestly not my taste or genre of comics. In this weeks blog I much rather talk about the animation we watched in class, Summer Wars. It was directed by Mamoru Hosoda. I've never heard of this film, but fell in love with it instantly. I thought the characters were great and heartwarming. I story started off as a sweet romantic comedy, but then the story added this whole action computer hero element. They created this whole internet world and it is so fascinating when the story transitions into it. Every character has his/her own avatar with a specific look to it. The designs are very inspired by Japanese culture, which I like a lot. Each avatar character is colorful and unique and represents the person playing him or not when used in a comedic way. Even with the action element I still found myself really enjoying the romantic plot. I really wanted the two main characters to get together. They had a fake romance, but I really wanted it to become real. I wish I had the chance to finish the movie. I know any chance I get soon I will finish the movie on my own. This movie definitely turned me into a fan of this style. If this is what manga is then I'll have to give it another chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment